Part C: Creating Users and Groups
Observe as the instructor adds Users to the Security Framework.
- Returning to the Web Security window, click Users and Groups, as shown here:
And then click OK.
- The Web Users and Groups window appears. Click .
- The Add New User dialog box appears, as shown here:
Using the window and the dialog box, add three users:
- Your list should look like this:
Add the same Users and Passwords to your Security Framework.
Observe as the instructor adds Groups to the Security Framework.
- In the Web Users and Groups window, click the Groups tab.
- Notice that there is already an Administrators group.
Using the button, add a Marketing group and a Sales group. Your window should look like this:
- You can assign a User to Groups in two ways:
- To add Users to a Group here, under the Groups tab, click on a Group, and then mark the checkboxes of the users who should be included in that Group.
- Alternately, to add Users to a Group under the Users tab, click on a User, and then mark the checkboxes of the Groups to which that User should be added.
- Using one method or the other, assign Users to Groups as indicated here:
- Click OK in this window.
- Returning to the Web Security window, click Close.
Set up the same Groups and assignments in your Security Framework.