Publishing security files
At this point, you have created the fundamental structures needed for the Security Framework.
To deploy security, you must publish it, just like other Components you deploy:
- Create an A5W page for the login Component.
- Define a Profile for publishing.
- Publish the Component.
Creating an A5W page for the login Component
- Open the login Component.
- Click the button.
- Accept the defaults in the Save Page window.
- Save the page with the file name index.
- Save the login Component, and close it.
- In the file list in the Web Projects Control Panel, right-click on index.a5w.
- In the box that appears, choose Page Security, and then Always Allowed.
Defining a Profile for publishing
Remember that you should set up a Profile for each Workspace that you want to publish, including this security Workspace.
- In the Web Projects Control Panel, click the button.
- In the Web Project Profiles window, click the button.
- In the New Publishing Profile window, choose to create a Local profile, and then click Next.
- In the next New Publishing Profile window, enter \MobSec for the Application folder and leave the field blank for the Data folder.
- Click Next.
- In the next New Publishing Profile window, for Default page, enter index.a5w.
Leave the checkbox for Publish data files unchecked and check the box for Publish library Files (although we do not have any Library Files at this point). Then, click Finish.
- For the Profile Name, enter MobSec.
- In the Profile, enter \MobSec for Target Folder. Always use a subfolder when publishing to your local server.
- Accept the rest of the Profile default settings; click OK.
Publishing the login Component
- In the Web Projects Control Panel, click the button (an alternative to the Web Security window).
- In the Publish Web Project window:
- Use the pull-down list to select the profile MobSec.
- Accept the rest of the defaults; click the button.
- Confirm that you want to publish the Users and Groups Data Files:
We will discuss the topics in this window later in this section.
- Examine the files in the Files to be Published window, and click OK.
- Confirm the following Notice:
(If the instructor has turned off notifications, you will not see some of these notices.
- Acknowledge that publishing is complete: