Alpha Anywhere Advanced Topics - Volume 1
- Alpha Anywhere’s Security Framework is a set of features and tools that let you set up and manage security for all parts of an application.
- Alpha Anywhere’s Security Framework is based in four tables in that you can create in many popular SQL formats.
- Before creating the tables, create a database using the SQL system, and a database connection string using Alpha Anywhere.
- Alpha Anywhere’s Security Table Upsize Genie creates the four tables that make up the Security Framework.
- Use the UX Component templates for security to help you build login, logout, and user management functions.
- Set up Users and Groups via the Web Security button in the Web Projects Control Panel.
- You can allow Group access to individual controls.
- You can restrict a Component’s access to only users who have logged into the application.
- When re-publishing applications, take care not to overwrite the security tables (if using DBF to store security information).