Watching variables in the Expression list
Below the script window there is a two-column list in which you can examine variables as they change.
Observe as the instructor examines variable values in a script.
- In the first list row, under Expression, type e and press the Tab key. The Debugger displays a list of values that are part of the e variable:
- In the first grid row, click the +.
The Debugger displays all of the elements of the e variable, and their values at this point in the execution of the program:
To increase the height of the Expression list, drag its top border towards the top of the window.
- Move the mouse pointer over the variable names in the left column. As you do, an icon of cascading squares appears at the right edge of each cell.
- Click the cell of dataSubmitted. A new “watch box” appears. It displays the current values of three controls:
The values of the three controls also appear in the Expression list:
- Click the button. Line 5 executes, and control moves to the next un- commented line:
Watch the same variables in your script.