Click here to start the process.
Order the Certificate
- Create an account or log in.
- Click New Certificate anywhere on the page.
- Enter your domain name and click Next Step.
- Change to 90 days for free or 1-year for $10/month, click Next Step
- Allow it to auto-generate the CSR and Contact, click Next Step.
- On the Finalize page, select Free (unless you want a different Plan), click Next Step.
- On the Verify Domain page, select Email Verification and find an email address in the dropdown that will work for you.
- On the Finalize page, click the Verify Domain
- Check for an Verify Domain email from ZeroSSL, verify the domain using the Verification Key.
- Check for a second Certificate Issued email from ZeroSSL. Click Install Certificate and download your certificate.
Prepare the Certificate Files
The certificate zip files contains three files.
- If you are using a load balancer in front of Alpha:
- Use a text editor to combine the two .CRT files into one file, the "bundle" underneath the "certificate".
- Name this file yourdomain.crt.
- Copy this file to where you store your ssl certificates on the server.
- If you are not using anything in front of Alpha:
- Rename the "bundle" to yourdomain_chain.crt.
- Rename the certificate to yourdomain.crt
- Copy these files to where you store your ssl certificates on the server.
- Rename the private.key to yourdomain.key and copy it to where you store your ssl certificates on the server.
Apply the Certificate Files
After you have copied your certificate and key files to the server, continue below.
- If you are using a load balancer, apply per that product's instructions. Here is an example from the IADN AlphaLB:
- If you are applying the certificates directly to Alpha, follow this example: