The Alpha Load Balancer (AlphaLB)
How it Works
- The load balancer listens to both HTTP and HTTPS traffic to your site.
- If configured, the load balancer will redirect HTTP traffic to the HTTPS listener.
- Rules are applied to the traffic to allow it to continue or be blocked.
- The balancer engine distributes the load across two or more Alpha Instances.
- The health check engine checks for the health of each Alpha Instance and slows or stops new traffic to that Instance as necessary.
- Along the way, log and metrics are generated and statistics are made available via an API.