- The Banner Manager can be "integrated" directly into an Alpha Five or Alpha Anywhere project, or it can be run "standalone" and generate slide show code that can be used on any web platform.
- If integrated directly in an Alpha-based project, changes to the Banner specifications are immediately reflected in the live slide show.
- The Banner is a JavaScrip-based slide show, so it will work on modern mobile and tablet devices (which generally do not allow Flash).
- The setup module allows you to generate the code to apply one or more slide shows for your website.
- The Banner Manger is delivered as a normal Alpha Anywhere project, typically as a zip file. Extract this file to your computer to where you normally store your Alpha projects. Open with Alpha Anywhere and publish.
- There are two database tables associated with the Banner Manager - wt_banner_main, wt_banner_images.
- The database is named "banner".
- The Alpha project "AlphaDAO connection string" is named "banner".
- The Alpha project comes with a script to build the database for MySQL and MSSQL.
- The Banner Manager has been tested using MySQL, MariaDB and MSSQL. It may work using other databases, but has not been tested.
Banner Project Folder Structure
<Alpha Project Folder>\banner
- Various js, gif and other files as provided in the download
<Alpha Project Folder>\banner\images
- All images associated with your slide show(s)
- Note - you do not have to use this folder for images. Images can be referenced from anywhere in your project at any folder.