Typical one-time steps to set up your new application.
Required Alpha Project Settings
- Starting with release 4.2, the Framework bypasses Alpha's built-in outdated password recovery method. As a result, go to Web Security > Security Settings > Data Recovery Options tab. Set the Lost Password Actions to "Not Allowed". If you opt not to use the Framework's password reset method, then ignore this setting.
Online Framework Settings
Make these changes directly online after publishing your Framework-based project. With the website displayed in your browser, select Login in the upper left and login as Administrator. Unless you have changed it, the default login is firstname.lastname@example.org / 1111111.
- Select Website Setup > Website Configuration
- Application Name: enter what you want to call your new custom web application, “Product Order Entry System” for example.
- Application URL: enter the full URL including http(s) to the website. Be sure to include "http(s):\\"
- Admin Password: modify this password and store the password in a safe place. The only place this password is used is to remotely toggle your web application ON / OFF. This is not the same as your admin login password.
- Email Settings Tab: Select your desired Email Method (from SMTP, SparkPost and Mandrill) and enter all parameters. A good way to test your SMTP settings is to go to the Contact Us web page and send a contact message.
- Select Manage Users > Website User List
- Images folder: Make note of the various images in the Images folder. Replace these with your own project graphics as necessary. You can delete unused graphics in the images folder that are delivered with the Framework.
The Image Browser is a feature of CKEditor; it allows you to select images from a drop-down list to add to your content. Unfortunately it needs a hard-coded folder designation, set as follows:
- Open the file named config_alphafive.js in the ckeditor folder. Find the line: config.imageBrowser_listURL = "/framework_v4/images/images_list.json"
- To use the Image Browser, you will need to change this value to reflect YOUR project as published. Replace "framework_v4" (or similar) with the name of the subfolder IF ANY for your published location. You might not have a subfolder under your document root, and in that case you would remove the folder designation altogether and it would look like this: config.imageBrowser_listURL = "/images/images_list.json".
- Although most likely suitable out-of-the-box, you should review the Email Templates and modify as needed.
- Email Templates are found at Website Setup > Email Templates.
- Do not alter the Template Names for existing email templates.
- The HTML Editor is also called CKEditor in this document. You may want to alter its default configuration (meaning the specific editing icons, size, etc.).
- Please click here for the AlphaToGo CKEditor help document.
Robots.txt & sitemap.xml
- Please review the robots.txt that comes with the Framework. It is defaulted to OMIT all search of your site by search engines.
- There may or may not be a sitemap.xml file in your project. Review if it exists.